- The term Airport24x7 or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 132a Myddleton Road, Wood Green, London, N22 8NQ.
2. DATA COLLECTED
DATA STORAGE LOCATION
Retaining and deleting personal data
- This Section sets out our data retention policies, these are designed to ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data and are designed so that we maintain the lowest possible level of risk to our customers.
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purchased service and our, or a third-parties, legal obligations.
- We will retain and delete your personal data as follows:
- Analytics Data:
- Google Analytics retains data relating to a visit to our website indefinitely, the data collected is non-identifiable.
- We collect some identifiable analytics data, this is stored for at most 1 month following a visit to our website, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems.
- Analytics Data:
- We may retain your personal data where it is vital for use in defence of legal claims in court or another legal proceeding.
- We may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
If you register on our website, we store your chosen username and your email address and any additional personal information added to your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except changing your username). Website administrators can also see and edit this information.
- You have the right to access; rectify or request the removal of any personal information we hold about you. We are legally bound to provide/remove this information free of charge within 30 days. This right however is subject to some limitations:
- There may be a legal reason we cannot remove the data.
- The data may be integral to providing the service, deleting or removing it would result in the cancellation of service. In this case you would be subject to our normal cancellation fees / procedure.
- You will be required to supply proof of your identity, in most circumstances we will accept two forms of ID such as a passport, driving license or a copy of a utility bill showing your address listed. This information must be provided by email or post along with your request to which you will receive confirmation of receipt by us within 5 days.
- If the request is complicated the time frame for rectification can be extended by up to two months.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to our use of this data. In some cases this may result cancellation of your service and any relevant charges.
3. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
If you are not a registered client for our site, there is no personal information we can retain or view regarding yourself.
If you are a client with a registered account, your personal information can be accessed by:
- Our system administrators only.
4. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
- Customer Data will be retained for 6 years from the end of last tax period following the completion of all booked journeys, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems. The data retention period will restart should any additional services be purchased during the data retention period, it is retained for this period to ensure compliance with the Finance Act of 1988, Schedule 18, Part 3, Section 21(2) which requires us to preserve relevant transnational information.
- Journey Data will be retained for at most 1 year following the completion of the journey in accordance with our legal obligations as a registered Private Hire Operator, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems.
- Some Transaction Data will be retained for 6 years from the end of the last company financial year they relate to in accordance to our legal obligations as a limited company, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems.
- Correspondence Data will be retained for at most 18 months following its collection, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems. Transactional correspondences issued by us are retained for 6 years from the end of last tax period in order to comply with the Finance Act of 1988, Schedule 18, Part 3, Section 21(2) which requires us to preserve relevant transactional information.